Where: Ōrākei Marae in Auckland
When: 24 & 25 August 2017
Businesses and organisations wanting to build relationships and collaborate with Māori and Pacific peoples should register now for the CulturePRO Masterclass in Auckland next month.
Convened by the Brown Pages, CulturePRO will enable guest speakers and participants to discuss cultural engagement challenges and opportunities in a safe, collaborative environment.
• Pacific engagement in the health and education sectors. What’s working and what isn’t?
• Dealing with intertribal dynamics in a corporate setting
• Good practice guidelines for working with tangata whenua and Māori organisations
• Tools for building relationships with New Zealand’s changing Pacific demographics
• The impacts of cultural communications and relationships on productivity and organisational performance
• Attracting Māori and Pacific millennials into the corporate/management sector
• How to conduct a cultural communication audit to identify an organisation’s cultural awareness strengths and weaknesses
“One of the big challenges for organisations is knowing how and where to start building relationships with Māori and Pacific communities, especially if there is poor responsiveness,” says Brown Pages director Iulia Leilua. “Managers need to know how to achieve their corporate goals while building relationships during Maori or Pacific engagement. You can have both, but it takes commitment and cultural empathy to work.”
Tickets for CulturePRO are limited so be sure to get your early bird tickets for CulturePRO end by August 5th at www.brownpages.com/culturepro.
Not in Auckland?
In the leadup to CuturePRO there are three free webinars on Māori and Pacific cultural communications on 31 July, 2 and 4 August at 3.00 pm. You can register here for the webinars at www.brownpages.com/august-webinars.